Documented Life – Week 50

This week, our weekly Documented Life Project challenge was to pick a fantasy vacation spot and create a packing list. Since I was fortunate enough to have had my main dream vacation fulfilled a few years ago, spending 3 weeks in Italy, with side trips to Germany, Austria & Switzerland, Spain is now at the top of my list.

2014-12-07 13.24.40

I wanted to keep this layout simple so to create the base I rolled Dina Wakley media acrylics in Ruby and Tangerine onto my gelli plate to get an ombre effect and pressed my journal, face down, onto it.

I then pulled a print using the Lace Doily stencil by Kaisercraft onto deli paper and cut out the Spanish couple using my Silhouette Portrait. A little fluid medium adhered everything to my journal and I added my packing list around the edges of the circle.

Thank for looking!

6 Comments on Documented Life – Week 50

1. vickiross
    December 7, 2014 at 4:09 pm (5 years ago)

Beautiful, Belen! I’m confused about “my journal face”, do you have two? Just a kidder….:)

2. papict
    December 7, 2014 at 4:47 pm (5 years ago)

Another fantastic response to a DLP prompt. I love the sunset hues and the use of silhouette and the composition of having your writing going around the circumference of the circle. I’ve only ever been to Barcelona and would love to return to that city and also explore other regions of Spain.

3. Belen Sotelo
    December 7, 2014 at 5:32 pm (5 years ago)

Thanks for pointing out the punctuation error, Vicki 🙂

4. Belen Sotelo
    December 7, 2014 at 5:35 pm (5 years ago)

Laura, thanks for much for looking and for the generous praise. Ah, Barcelona… one day. How wonderful that you visited!

5. papict
    December 7, 2014 at 5:37 pm (5 years ago)

I know from your love of colour, pattern and shape that you will love Barcelona when you get there.

6. Belen Sotelo
    December 7, 2014 at 5:41 pm (5 years ago)

I hope to get there in the next 2 years…fingers crossed! 🙂