A recent weekend getaway to Santa Barbara, with my Beloved, inspired me to put together a mini art journal travel kit.
When we travel I don’t spend time art journaling, but upon our return I like to put together a small daybook, or mini journal, to document our getaway. I add things such as notes, memorable moments, a few favorite photos and various bits of ephemera.
Having a compact, self-contained kit that I can just toss in my weekend bag, is the perfect little take along for putting together my daybooks during quite moments in our hotel room.
A couple of months ago I purchased these zip folios from Webster’s Pages. They have several gorgeous colors available, I bought 2 of them. For this kit I used the teal folio.
So what’s in my kit you ask? Surprisingly a lot, considering that the folio only measures 5.25″ x 8″ x 0.5″, but basically it contains what I consider to be my art journaling must-haves.
- Water brush
- Stabilo Marks All pencils – black & blue
- Fude Ball pen 1.5 – black
- Uni-ball Signo pen – white
- Sharpie Extra Fine Paint Pen – white
- Molotow markers – black & white
- Day book/mini journal – Handmade, see process HERE
- Glue stick
- Gelatos – I like Faber Castell
- Text stickers
- Misc journal cards and hearts that I cut from a sheet of under paper
- Washi Tape – Handmade, see process HERE
If I want to get really fancy, I my take along a larger wire bound handmade daybook, such as this one that I made using Project Life journal cards.
You can read about the process for making those HERE.
What you add to your own kit may vary according to your needs, but it’s amazing to see what you can create with just a few basic supplies.
Thanks for reading, I hope this post has inspired you to put together your own art journal travel kit.
I wish you all a wonderful week.